Terms and Conditions
By accepting your financial aid offer, you are agreeing to fulfill all of the following terms and conditions set by federal regulations and university policies:
- You will notify the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) immediately if you receive sources of assistance which are not listed on your award notice, or are listed with different amounts.
- You confirm that the information reported on your aid application is correct and complete.
- You are not in default on educational loans and do not owe a refund for any federal funds received at MSU or elsewhere.
- You agree to notify the Office of Financial Aid if you are incarcerated during any term in which you are receiving financial aid.
- You are enrolled in a teaching certificate or degree granting program.
- You are making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree as described on our Satisfactory Academic Progress web page.
- To receive your full award amounts, you must maintain the enrollment level required for each aid program listed on your award notice. You will be billed for aid adjustments caused by changes in enrollment status.
- You must notify the Registrar's Office if you withdraw from the University.
- You agree that your financial aid will be used to pay any and all university charges that accrue to your account. If you wish to limit aid to pay only tuition, fees, and on-campus housing charges you must notify the OFA in writing.
- You will respond promptly to all requests from the OFA for additional information. If you do not respond, you may be billed for a portion or all of the financial aid disbursed to you.
- You agree that a financial aid refund from one semester can be used to cover any prior semester's outstanding charges. If you wish to decline the crediting of one semester's aid refund to a prior semester's charges, you must decline in writing to the Student Accounts Office, 140 Administration Building, ten days before the start of the semester. This exception is limited to $200. If you are a new student, you also must complete eConsent for Payment on StuInfo.
- You will notify the OFA if you have been awarded financial aid for a semester in which you do not plan to enroll.
- You certify that any federal student aid funds received during the award year will be used solely for educational expenses related to attendance during the year.
- You agree to repay to MSU any financial aid funds disbursed to you in error. If a mistake was made, whether by yourself, the OFA, or another agency, federal regulations require that the mistake be corrected and funds be billed back as necessary.
- You understand that if you disclose information in support of a financial aid appeal, it is generally considered confidential. However, you understand that university staff members may be required to disclose information about certain issues that relate to the health and safety of MSU community members. We may be required to share information with other MSU offices that you disclose on this form regarding suspected abuse or neglect, even if this happened to you when you were a child; allegations of sexual assault or harassment involving MSU staff, students or faculty; or credible threats of harm to yourself or others. If you disclose such information, it may trigger contact from a campus official who will want to discuss the incident you shared. In most cases, it will be your decision as to whether you want to discuss the incident.