StuInfo Guest Access
Students may give parents, spouses, or others access to their online student records by using Guest Access in StuInfo. Students are cautioned NOT to share their own passwords with anyone, and guest access allows information to be passed to a guest without giving away the student's password.
Examples of information that may be granted through guest access are viewing/paying the bill, viewing financial aid, viewing IRS 1098-T data, viewing MSU charges and credits, and confirming attendance.
Each type of access may be granted independently or the student may give a guest access to all types. The student has the ability to revoke access at any time.
GUEST: How to login to StuInfo
As a guest, you do NOT use your student's MSU NetID and password. Instead, follow these instructions:
- Go to StuInfo.
- Enter the word "guest" into the NetID box.
- Leave the password blank.
- Click the Login button.
On the next screen, enter the following:
- The STUDENT'S NetID (i.e. their MSU e-mail address without "@msu.edu")
- YOUR first name
- YOUR last name
- The password given to you by the student
After too many unsuccessful login attempts, you will be locked out. See below for how to restore your access.
STUDENT: How to grant guest access to StuInfo
- Login to the Guest Access page in Stuinfo.
- Click on New Guest. (You may add up to four guests)
- Enter your guest's First and Last name
- Enter the Guest Password. (You choose this password for each guest)
- Re-type the Guest Password.
- Enter your guest's e-mail address. (Your guest will be sent instructions on how to use guest access)
- Select each type of access you want your guest to have, or use the Select All button.
- Click the Add button.
You must tell your guest the password you chose. The guest must type the first and last name and password exactly as you entered them. Too many failed login attempts will result in the guest being locked out.
How access can be restored if a guest is locked out
The student can unlock the access in StuInfo via the Online Guest Authorization page; MSU staff cannot do this. If the guest forgot their password, the student can assign a new one.