MSU Child Care Grant
The MSU Child Care Grant program provides funds to students with children to assist in meeting the cost of licensed child care during the school year. The maximum award for the MSU Child Care Grant is $1,500 per semester per child.
To be eligible for the Child Care Grant, you must:
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree granting program at MSU, the Agricultural Technology or Teacher Certification programs.
- Be the parent of a child 12 years old or younger, or a child with special needs under the age of 19.
- Incur child care expenses from services provided by a licensed provider.
- Demonstrate financial need as established by your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Be making satisfactory academic progress as required by the university.
- Use child care services because you are a single student, or if married, because your spouse is either a student or employed outside the home.
How to apply
Complete the following steps to apply for Fall Semester 2014:
- File the 2014-2015 FAFSA and have the results sent to MSU.
- Complete and submit the following forms, including all requested documentation:
Awarding of the grant
- Applications are reviewed and awards are determined approximately 3 weeks into each semester to allow for confirmation of attendance.
- The amount of grant is based on financial need, the number of children enrolled in licensed care, daycare costs, and available MSU funding.
- The grant will be applied as a credit to your student account and will result in a refund if the account balance allows. It will be the student's responsibility to use the refund as payment to the licensed child care provider.
COGS Childcare Endowment
Graduate students who would like to apply for COGS Childcare Endowment should check the box on the MSU Child Care Grant application indicating your interest in being considered for these funds. To maximize the number of students eligible for childcare assistance, priority will be given to students who are ineligible for the MSU Child Care Grant. Please note that students must be enrolled at least half time in a degree granting program and demonstrate financial need to be eligible for this program as well. This program is open to international graduate students, and law students.